Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Women and packing

I am getting ready to take a trip and while packing I started adding certain things that I might probably not need during my trip so I realized why women are thought to over pack for a trip...

Wanna know why it seems like women over pack when they go on a trip?

1. We not only have to have one outfit per day of the trip, we also have to make sure the shoes match the outfit.
2. Even if we can get outfits for every single day that we will be on the trip to match with one pair of shoes, we always think: "mmm maybe I should take another pair and another "type" of outfit just in case we do something different that will require a different attire."
3. after we have gather an outfit for each day and its matching under garments, plus shoes, and the additional outfit, we tend to think: "mmm maybe one of the days I will not feel like wearing this particular outfit so maybe I should take two more just to make sure that I have enough choices just in case I don't want to wear one of the other outfits I have picked out."
4. Most women, I don't do this, but most women have to accessorize, you have the outfit and you gotta get the matching scrunchie, headband, jewelry, and whatever else they think that is needed to "make" the entire outfit look amazing.
5. Once we have the outfits figured out, now we have to add hair and beauty products. This one is a tricky one, you have at least 5 different types of brushes only for the hair, then you have the makeup, the hair dryer, the straightening iron, the shampoo, the conditioner, the body wash, the face wash, the moisturizer; some women also have the gel and the hair spray and the oils for their hair to get it straight faster.
6. After all this we have to add all the additional items that we might or might not need, for example one of my moms will travel with her hair cutting scissors (you never know who might need a haircut); then you have blankets (cause maybe the hotel you are staying at does not have enough); towels (why use the ones in the hotel?); computer, at least one movie, one book (just in case the vacation gets boring); additional bag or purse (because one is not enough); snacks (cause we can't wait to gain that vacation weight), and whatever else that might come to mind that will be needed at some point.
After all of this, how can anyone possibly expect a woman to leave her house with just one small luggage bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment