Thursday, March 6, 2014

Fall for you by Secondhand Serenade


Ok so I heard this song on Pandora today and first of all let me tell you that this song has no business being put on a Spanish Bachata Pandora station, like seriously Pandora? Total fail!!!
With that said, I have to admit that I was a fan of this song and I used to sing along every time I would hear it, but I never actually paid attention to the lyrics until today which is when it caught more of my attention because of the music I actually wanted to listen to...
Now has any of you actually listened or at least read the lyrics to this song? Maybe it's just me but I was like what? that makes no sense dude!!!!
Let's dissect it for a moment... (yes here I go again possibly over thinking stuff lol)

"The best thing about tonight is that we're not fighting, could it be that we have been this way before": Really? That's the best thing? and then could it be that they were like that before? So when was the last time that these two did not fight? and if all you do is fight then why the hell are you together... like seriously!!!

"But hold your breath because tonight will be the night I will fall for you over again"
What if it takes too long for him to fall in love with her over again? then she might just die holding her breath, I mean what if he tries to fall in love over again and it doesn't happen? I really do feel bad for this chick....

"Don't make me change my mind or I won't live another day, I swear it's true." Ok, so is he gonna die if she changes his mind about him falling in love with her over again? or is he gonna kill himself if she changes his mind about falling in love with her again? either way if she changes his mind then that means he does not fall in love over again and at this point it shouldn't be that big of a deal since obviously at the beginning of the song he is stating that they have been fighting a lot so it did not feel the same anymore plus it seems like he fell out of love with her in which case he is stating that he will either kill himself for someone he is not in love with or will somehow die for someone he is not in love with, either way too much unnecessary and stupid drama... smh!!!

"Because a girl like you is impossible to find" ok so obviously he is taking it a little too far cause he found her... duh! otherwise who the hell is he singing to? an invisible woman that does not really exist cause she is impossible to find? in which case then he is a total lunatic because he is falling in love with thin air... Or maybe he is just a great poet and he is really wanting to fall in love with air, but wait... he suggested that they were fighting a lot, so I guess he has been fighting with air, because how do you fight with someone that's impossible to find? if you can't find them then how do you fight with them? Also it would be pretty funny to see someone fighting with air, is that even possible??? (ok I think I am taking it too far now...)

Last but not least...
"You're impossible to find"
Ok if she is impossible to find then how the hell did you find her in the first place? like did you have some magic powers to make her appear? if so that is totally cool... But seriously, how is he with her if she is impossible to find?

I think I am done... glad I could get that one out of my head...

PS: One more thing... Seconhand Serenade? that's the name of the group? what the hell is a Secondhand Serenade? Did you give the serenade to someone and then when they were done with it you went and gave it to someone else and it was exactly the same? Wait a minute... Why the hell would anyone want a secondhand serenade??? this is nonsense to me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment