Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Getting offended (I really don't know what else to call this one)

Where do I start...
I've been thinking lately about people and how offended they get about the most ridiculous and stupid things, a few weeks ago I had posted one of my many rants in my Facebook page, my rants always include words that apparently are not very appealing to the "general" public; yes I use "bad" words a lot when I get angry and lately I have to admit I have been getting a lot more irritated than usual but I know where it is coming from and why, therefore I am just riding the wave because I also know that at some point things will change and the source of my irritation will disappear and I will go back to smiling and being absolutely joyful to be around 99.9% of the time... yes I don't say 100% because there is not one person in the universe that can say that they have never gotten angry.
With that said... You are allowed to get angry (I think I have covered this before but I could not stress it enough!!!) and you are allowed to rant and you are allowed to use whatever words you want to use in order to express that anger, so long as you are not insulting a person directly that does not deserve to be insulted, then go for it!!! There have been a lot of different studies made about the use of such "foul" language, and let me tell you that most of the studies state the positive of using such words as fuck, cunt, bitch, ass and whatever else I am missing right now that we tend to use especially when we get angry or irritated.
Anyhow, where was I... Ahhh yes, my Facebook rant.... So I used the word fuck in said rant and in a couple of others and what did I get? an entire thread full of comments that all they really did was irritate me even more... why? Because they made absolutely no sense and the more I think about them the more I realize how I wish I could feed some common sense and  knowledge to some people, I mean I was even told that I was cursing my soul because I was using such "bad language" and then I asked myself: what the hell is bad language? To me bad language is language not spoken or written properly, but the word fuck was written exactly how it is supposed to be written, then I was told how offensive it was, so I think to myself: wait a minute, I was not insulting anyone directly, I was insulting a bag of candy, I had written: fucking candy and I am sorry but unless the candy is capable of feeling anything, which by the way it is proven that it cannot because is an inanimate object and therefore incapable of feeling anything including getting offended, then there is absolutely no need to get offended because someone says fucking candy...
With that said, how in the world is it that we get offended by words that are not even directed at us? if you don't like something that you are reading and whatever it is that was written was not intended towards you and it's not really harming a living thing, then why the hell would anyone get offended? I have come to the conclusion that anyone that does is an idiot, so if you are one of those people now you can get offended because yes I called you an idiot, it's a heck of a lot easier to just ignore someone's rant if you don't like it, don't read it, don't listen to it, no one is forcing you.
Just like no one is forcing you to read this either and I am pretty sure that someone will get offended because I used a word that is in the dictionary but that the majority of people think it's a bad word, and going back to the dictionary... the meaning of the word fuck is to have sex, that was it's intended meaning, it's something that the majority of people do at least once a week, yet they get offended when someone uses it in a sentence and even when we use that word in the slang terms the word fuck becomes even more harmless, in the slang terms we have meanings like:
to treat unfairly, to meddle with, to behave in a frivolous or meddlesome way, go away, to waste time, to ruin, to act stupidly or carelessly...
and people get offended by that??? just a word, one word...
I keep thinking about all of it and I keep getting to the same conclusion, this world is full of foolishness and stupidity, it's a world where we come up with the most ridiculous things in order to scare others into doing what we believe is best for them and not what they believe is best for them.  It's a world where there is little respect, where people don't really listen or read what others are saying and in the end they end up making up their own conclusions all while saying how they accept everyone the way they are and complaining how everyone wants to tell them how to do things and how they don't like it, yet they do it to other people...
Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you say it and if the person takes it great if not then you keep on going, they make their own mistakes and they know how to lead their life however way they see fit, why? Because they are the only ones living it front and center, there is no possible way someone could ever tell you everything that happened to them in the day because that would take a full day to tell and we would still miss certain things that maybe at the time we believe are not of any value but that later on show some sort of role in our life.
Life is simple but we complicate it by living it the way we do, by getting offended for stupid things, by not listening to others when they are saying loud and clear how whatever they are going through has nothing to do with us, we ignore what we want to ignore and pay attention to what seems convenient to us, I guess that's how we survive but I don't think that is how we will ever be able to truly get along with others...

No comments:

Post a Comment